Living Stones offers internships designed to offer a genuine experience consistent with on-staff church ministry. All interns should expect to engage the ministry at its highest levels through training, education, and experience. A brief breakdown of the two types of internships are below:
LEVEL ONE INTERNSHIPS
- Entry level, unpaid
- Intern will typically be responsible for 15-20 hours of internship work per week
- Intern is required to be a Covenant Member of LS (requires involvement with services, a community group, and giving)
- Intern is responsible to attend all LS Staff Meetings
- Intern will generally serve as a Level 1 Intern for 3-6 months. Occasionally, Level 1 interns will be invited to Level 2 based on performance and budget constraints
LEVEL TWO INTERNSHIPS
- Intern receives pay
- Intern will typically be responsible for 20-30 hours of work per week
- Intern is responsible to attend all LS Staff Meetings. Other meetings required to be determined by your supervisor
- Intern is required to be a Covenant Member of LS
- Intern is required to attend LS Deacon Meetings, as this level of leadership is being pursued
- Intern will generally serve as a Level 2 intern for 3-6 months. Occasionally, Level 2 interns will be invited to Assistant Staff Status based on performance and budget constraints
Job Title: Assistant Intership (Level 1)
- Build good public relations with the congregation, volunteer ministries, staff, and general public.
- Assist on Sunday before and after worship gatherings
- Provides administrative support. Type correspondence, articles and organizational documents and maintains up-to-date and well organized files.
- Aid in developing new ideas and special projects.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills and be able to approach others in a personable way to win their confidence and support.
- Typing, dictation, transcription and computer skills.
- Must possess organizational skills and be able to plan and implement a variety of types of programs.
- Ability to determine and set priorities without close supervision.
Job Title: Student Ministries Internship (Level 1)
Job Title: Reno Arts Internship (Level 1)Job Description for Intern: 20-30 hrs/week
– During a campaign season (approx. 6 weeks before a campaign launch), organizes a Painting Team and a Construction Team of Volunteers.
– Managing the auctioning of completed projects
– Helping Organize Celebration parties for volunteers after a Campaign is launched
– Experience leading teams
– Project management experience, even if on a small scale
– Professional communication skills and enthusiastic attitude
Any questions about this opening? Email Liz here.
Job Title: Web Admin (Level 1)Job Description for Intern: 5-10 hrs/week
– To update and maintain affiliated Living Stones websites with current and pertinent information in a timely manner.
– To train and equip specific volunteers to manage wordpress installations.
– Edit web page content to reflect the requests of those in charge while maintaining the look and feel of the Living Stones brand.
– Troubleshoot and problem solve creatively if/when problems arise.
– Basic understanding and ability to use the internet
– Ability and eagerness to learn (preferably a drive to self educate)
– Ability and willingness to problem solve (not just pass difficult things to the next guy)
– Some familiarity with PHP, HTML and CSS
– Basic understanding of programming language structure (any language)
– Basic Database knowledge and understanding of queries (specifically MySQL, but any Database knowledge is helpful)
Any questions about this opening? Email Logan here.